ABOUT THE PROJECTS
My name is Alex Lim, I am photographer/filmmaker based in Seattle.
I am leading small teams of creative professionals (4-8 crew + talent) on backpacking expeditions around the PNW (Pacific Northwest) and beyond, to produce fashion editorial short films and photo series.
These projects require the crew to hike between 15-30 miles roundtrip (on average), and will be filmed over 2-7+ days in the field.
The narratives tackle a variety of primary emotive themes; struggle/loss, beauty, adventure, love, rebirth, etc. Some will be more documentary style, some fashion films, and others more abstract or fantasy. A heavy emphasis is placed on the landscape and integration of the character into the environment, while keeping an underlying message of preservation and appreciation of the natural world.
- Create spectacular original visual content worthy of the scope, scale, and beauty of the PNW's diverse landscapes.
- Capture comprehensive documentary & BTS social media content.
- Practice 'Leave No Trace' principles throughout production.
- Utilize state of the art production equipment and methods, including aerial, handheld over rough terrain, & solar-powered minimalistic production
- Enjoy the experience! Struggle, find inspiration, and persevere to hopefully come out the other end with new friends!
These are collaborative projects, not for profit, and as such are non-paid.
The final product will be entered into applicable film festivals, hosted in gallery exhibitions, and used as portfolio show-pieces + self-standing art.
There is zero corporate sponsorship; all expenses, gear, costume, etc are funded out of (my) pocket.
Appropriate training, gear and supplies will be provided to talent and crew as needed.
Pre-production, production and post-production time commitments vary per project.
Some more 'spontaneous' (over a weekend for example) but most are planned in advance with months of lead time.
Talent & crew should expect pre-production days that include:
- Test Shoots
- Makeup/Hair Trials
- and Technical/Fitness Training
The environments in which we are filming are diverse, but wilderness conditions are the norm.
The physical and mental demand should be taken very seriously. Proper preparation is critical for safety, comfort, and the success of our final product.